Life with the Armstrongs

Life with the Armstrongs

Monday, April 14, 2008

On the road again

Well, we survived yet another road trip!  We took our college students to Atlanta to the Passion Regional Conference this past weekend, and boy, are we glad to be back home for a while!  It was a great trip, but quite a bit of driving in 3 days.  Poor Hannah was really glad to not have to go anywhere in her car seat today!

We had a good time while we were there, though!  She loves all of the students, and they all took turns entertaining her in the car when we were on the road.  On Saturday she and I had some down time together while Robbie and the students went to the conference.  So, we played in the hotel room and watched cartoons, took a good long nap, and then checked out the indoor swimming pool!  I didn't have the camera, but I took a few pics of her in her cute little swimsuit on my phone.  (Hopefully I can figure out how to get them off my phone soon!) 

This was her first time swimming, and I think she really enjoyed it.  There were two sweet girls swimming at the same time we were there, so they played with her some.  She would watch them swim back and forth, and when they came near she would lean forward and start kicking her feet!  It was as if she was showing them that she could swim too!  It was a good time, except for the fact that her floaty had a leak in it and I kept having to put more air into it every couple of minutes.  I guess that's what I get for buying something last year on clearance!  Trying to save some money and I just ended up wasting it! 

We also got a chance to see our friends from Hammond and seminary, Chip and Sarah Beth Wheeler, and their 2 kids Cade and Caroline.  They are planting a church in an area outside of Atlanta, so we drove over to see them.  It was great to visit with them.  It's always good to see old friends!

So, we are back home, and all very tired from the trip.  But, we're looking forward to one special little girl's birthday tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Glad you all had a safe trip! Happy birthday, Hannah!